History of the Park
The Cobden Miniature Railway and Mini Golf Park has been established for over 15 years. Site works commenced in February 1994 and the Park was officially opened in June 1994 for its first public run.
It is on the old Cobden Racecourse reserve, and parts of the old running rail from the racecourse can still be seen.
Much of the original racecourse is now occupied by public activities - the Cobden Miniature Railway and Mini Golf Park, the Cobden Pioneer Dairy Park which is also home to the Cobden Historical Society, the Cobden Go-Kart Club, the South Western Restoration Restoration Group, and the Cobden Airport.
New Years Eve Family Fireworks Night
The Rotary Club of Cobden Inc organises a Family Spectacular at the Miniature Railway each year on New Year's Eve.
This year event promises to be every bit as good as previous years with -
- children's entertainment by "The Amazing Danny" who will perform magic shows with the children on stage, and then will continue with busking and balloon tying around the event site for the whole evening
- the same popular band through out the night as last year - "The Selectomatics"
- Segway rides for the public
- another spectacular fireworks show
- a whole array of side shows.
As always full catering will be available on site.
The evening kicks off at 6pm and winds up at around midnight. You can park for free. Admission is $10 per adult and $5 per child. Disabled parking is also available, and the event is accredited as a One&All event. Click here to see a printable flyer - print it off and show it to a friend.